Code of Conduct for Ambu Suppliers
This Code of Conduct (hereafter CoC) defines the basic requirements placed on Ambu’ suppliers of goods and services concerning their responsibilities towards their stakeholders, employees and the environment in general. The CoC is based upon the principles of the UN Global Compact.
To learn more about corporate social responsibility, kindly go to the CSR section of ambu.com.
The supplier declares herewith:
- to comply with the laws and regulations of applicable local legal system(s).
Respect for the Basic Human Rights of employees
- to promote equal opportunities for and treatment of its employees irrespective of skin color, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, sex or age;
- to respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual;
- to refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental or physical cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination;
- to prohibit behavior including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative;
- to provide fair remuneration and to guarantee the applicable national statutory minimum wage;
- to recognize the right of employees to work freely and by own will;
- to recognize, as far as possible, the right of free association of employees and to neither favor nor discriminate against members of employee organizations or trade unions.
Prohibition of Child Labour
- to employ no workers under the age of 15 or, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of the ILO Convention 138, to employ no workers under the age of 14.
Health and Safety of employees
- to take responsibility for the health and safety of its employees;
- to control hazards and take the best reasonably possible precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases;
- to set up or use a reasonable occupational health & safety management system.
- to act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection;
- to minimize environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection;
- to display ethical integrity when dealing with workers, suppliers and customers; including to work against corruption and bribery
- to use reasonable efforts to promote among its suppliers compliance with this CoC;
- It is the responsibility of the Supplier to seek compliance to this CoC. Hence, Supplier allows Ambu, or an appointed 3rd party, to perform announced audits to verify compliance or improvement plans thereunder. Ambu will react on rumors or alike allegations of breaches of CoC. During audit Supplier shall provide Ambu access to reasonably requested documentation and information;
- Furthermore, an audit regarding compliance to Ambu CoC, may be performed as part of any announced visit paid by Ambu representatives;
- Unannounced audits may occur in response to severe allegations or proof of breaches of CoC and in the event that severe non-compliance and unwillingness was the conclusion of an announced audit;
Supplier accepts that this commitment always refers to the latest CoC.