Dr. Todd Baron Assesses the aScope Duodeno for ERCP
Dr. Baron is a therapeutic endoscopist who has performed more than 20,000 endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) procedures and has developed novel interventional endoscopic techniques to treat patients with gastrointestinal, liver and other medical conditions.
He offers a clinician’s assessment of Ambu’s new aScope Duodeno, from its functionality to its impact on patient safety, productivity and capital investment.
“I was very impressed with the way the Ambu single-use duodenoscope mirrored what the handling was like with the reusable endoscopes that I’ve been using for the past 25 years,” Baron says.
Sterile. Single-use. Problem solved.
Sterile straight from the pack, the Ambu® aScope™ Duodeno is a single-use duodenoscope for ERCP procedures. Based on the latest conventional duodenoscopes, the aScope Duodeno is familiar in form and function, delivering reliable performance for you.
At Ambu, we take pride in specializing in manufacturing of single-use endoscopes. In fact, our single-use endoscopes are used in more than 3,800 hospitals every year. And we’re excited to now bring our expertise and know-how to endoscopists in gastroenterology.
Finally address concerns about patient cross-contamination.
For decades, interventional endoscopists have used duodenoscopes to perform lifesaving ERCP procedures. There is, however, growing concern that even with the most stringent cleaning procedures, patient cross-contamination can occur with reusable duodenoscopes.
With the aScope Duodeno, you have a brand new sterile, single-use duodenoscope straight from the pack every time, and there is no risk of patient cross-contamination. What’s more, there’s no need for costly reprocessing or repairs.
Learn about infection control in gastroenterology.
A Conventional Scope in a Single-Use Solution.
Ambu’s aScope Duodeno functions like a conventional duodenoscope, so it requires no special training.
- The aScope Duodeno solution consists of a single-use duodenoscope and aBox™ Duodeno unit.
- Remove the aScope Duodeno from its packaging, connect it to the aBox and the system is ready.
Reliable Product Specs.
- An outer diameter of 13.7 mm and a working channel of 4.2mm make it possible to take biopsies, cannulate the papilla and perform other procedures.
- When you perform ERCP procedures, the aScope Duodeno elevator performs reliably with compatible endoscopic accessories
- Ergonomic, rippled-surface handle and lightweight design makes the aScope Duodeno comfortable to use no matter how long the procedure.
- High-definition imaging and flexible bending angles (Up: 120°, Down: 90°, Right: 110°, Left: 90°) enable you to visualize the mucosa in detail and navigate the gastrointestinal tract efficiently.
- Remote switches are programmable, providing you with options such as freeze and image capture.