Sterile. Single-use. Problem solved.
Sterile straight from the pack, the Ambu® aScope™ Duodeno is a single-use duodenoscope for ERCP procedures. Based on the latest conventional duodenoscopes, the aScope Duodeno is familiar in form and function, delivering reliable performance for you.
At Ambu, we take pride in specializing in manufacturing of single-use endoscopes. In fact, our single-use endoscopes are used in more than 3,800 hospitals every year. And we’re excited to now bring our expertise and know-how to endoscopists in gastroenterology.
Finally address concerns about patient cross-contamination.
For decades, interventional endoscopists have used duodenoscopes to perform lifesaving ERCP procedures. There is, however, growing concern that even with the most stringent cleaning procedures, patient cross-contamination can occur with reusable duodenoscopes.
With the aScope Duodeno, you have a brand new sterile, single-use duodenoscope straight from the pack every time, and there is no risk of patient cross-contamination. What’s more, there’s no need for costly reprocessing or repairs.
In a study required by the FDA, conventional duodenoscope manufacturers reported more than 1 in 20 reusable duodenoscopes were contaminated with highly concerning organisms. This was despite proper cleaning and adherence to established protocols.
The True Cost of Reusable Duodenoscopes
Reusable duodenoscopes are $40,000 and used in patients for 5+ years at a time before being replaced. The aScope Duodeno is used just once. Watch the video above to compare the costs of reusable versus single-use duodenoscopes.
A Conventional Scope in a Single-Use Solution.
Ambu’s aScope Duodeno functions like a conventional duodenoscope, so it requires no special training.
- The aScope Duodeno solution consists of a single-use duodenoscope and aBox™ Duodeno unit.
- Remove the aScope Duodeno from its packaging, connect it to the aBox and the system is ready.
Reliable Product Specs.
- An outer diameter of 13.7 mm and a working channel of 4.2mm make it possible to take biopsies, cannulate the papilla and perform other procedures.
- When you perform ERCP procedures, the aScope Duodeno elevator performs reliably with compatible endoscopic accessories
- Ergonomic, rippled-surface handle and lightweight design makes the aScope Duodeno comfortable to use no matter how long the procedure.
- High-definition imaging and flexible bending angles (Up: 120°, Down: 90°, Right: 110°, Left: 90°) enable you to visualize the mucosa in detail and navigate the gastrointestinal tract efficiently.
- Remote switches are programmable, providing you with options such as freeze and image capture.